- Club Info
- Petts Wood 10K
- Club Contacts
Petts Wood Runner’s Constitution
1. The name of the Club is "Petts Wood Runners" (The Club).
2. The colours of the club are black and white. All members must wear the Club vest when competing in races held under UK Athletics (U.K.A) rules.
3. The Headquarters of the Club is at the address of the Club Secretary.
4. The object of the Club is the promotion of endurance running, fitness and associated activities.
5. The entire management of the Club shall be vested in a Management Committee (hereinafter called “the Management Committee”) consisting of Executive Officers and Non Executive Officers.
6. The Executive Officers shall be the Chairman, the Club Secretary and the Treasurer.
7. The Non Executive Officers shall be the Membership Secretary, Race Director, Health & Safety Secretary, Social Secretary, Publicity and Communications Secretary, Kit Secretary, Coaching Secretary, and Minutes Secretary.
8. All Officers shall be proposed, seconded and elected by a simple majority vote at an Annual General Meeting (AGM). They shall hold office until the next Annual General Meeting when they shall retire but shall be eligible for re-election from year to year.
9. If no candidate for a Non Executive officer is put forward at the AGM, then Non Executive Officers may be appointed by a majority of the Executive Officers. New committee posts or replacement officers may also be appointed by a majority of the Executive Officers. The Executive Officers may also co-opt additional members with specialist expertise or experience as may be required from time to time.
10. No person who has been a member of the Club for less than one year is eligible for election as an Executive Officer. A committee member must be a first claim member of Petts Wood Runners.
11. Three voting members of the Management Committee (including at least 1 Executive Officer) shall form a quorum.
12. A simple majority vote will decide each issue that is put to the vote. The Chairman will abstain from all ordinary votes, but in the event of a tie, then the Chairman will cast his vote to decide the majority outcome. In the event of one of the Executive being unable to fulfill their role on an ongoing basis the committee will elect a temporary replacement.
Petts Wood Runners Membership
13. Membership of the Club is open to persons aged 15 years and over, who are amateurs as defined by UK Athletics in the Rules for Competition Handbook.
14. An application for Membership of the Club (and each renewal) must be made in writing on the appropriate form provided on the Club’s website, and accompanied by the appropriate subscription fee as agreed by the committee on an annual basis. Each application for Membership of the Club (and each renewal) is subject to approval by the Management Committee.
15. Members shall be admitted by the Management Committee following satisfactory completion of the application process.
16. Every member shall be bound by and submit to the Constitution and Safety Rules of the Club. Failure to do so will be dealt with under the misconduct section within the Constitution.
17. The Management Committee reserves the right to refuse new and/or renewal of any application for Membership of the Club.
18. Neither the Club nor the Management Committee shall be liable for injuries incurred by club members running on official club nights or in their own time.
19. A member intending to withdraw from the Club shall give notice in writing to the Secretary, and his/her membership terminates on the date of that notice unless he/she is financially indebted to the Club, in which case the Committee may withhold acceptance of the resignation until he/she has discharged his liability. A member not having tendered his resignation prior to the 1st April each year shall be liable for the ensuing year’s subscriptions.
20. The Club reserves the right to discipline any member, or expel from the club any member whose conduct is not conducive to the aims or interests of the club or its members, or whose behavior is likely to bring the Club into disrepute, or fails to abide by the rules laid down by the Club. These rights shall be exercised by the Executive Officers on behalf of the Club.
21. Reports or allegations of misconduct will be investigated at a meeting of the Executive Officers, who will invite the member to address the meeting.
22 The appropriate penalty will be set by the Executive Officers.
23. The member will be informed of the decision as soon as possible.
24. The member disciplined or expelled may appeal against the Executive decision in writing within 7 days of being notified of the decision.
25. The appeal will be dealt with by the Management Committee.
26. The Club shall not tolerate the physical or mental abuse or harassment, nor discrimination or defamation, of any of its members before, during or subsequent to Club events.
27. Reported incidents of such abuse shall be investigated by the Executive Officers, and if substantiated may be dealt with under the misconduct rules.
28. The annual subscription of the Club is set by the Management Committee annually, payable on admission and thereafter on the 1st April of each year.
29. All subscriptions shall be paid to the Club. Cheques should be made payable to “Petts Wood Runners” and crossed.
30. The Management Committee shall have the power to expel any Member whose subscription is one month in arrears provided one month’s notice in writing shall have been sent to such Member by recorded delivery letter, addressed to his/her last known address, informing him/her of the proposed action of the Committee. Any person whose subscription is in arrears by more than one month shall be ineligible to take part in any competition promoted by the club.
31. The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the general finances of the Club.
32. All Club monies will be banked by the Club Treasurer in the accounts held in the name of the Club.
33. Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signature of authorised signatories only.
34. The financial year of the Club will end on 31 March.
Annual General Meeting
35. An Annual General Meeting shall be held each year to receive the Club’s report and financial statement, elect officers and deal with any other matter specified on the agenda. The Secretary must give each member 28 days notice of the meeting, and notice of any business which is requested to be placed on the agenda must be given in writing to the Secretary at least 14 days prior to the meeting. 10% of the members of the Club must be present for the AGM to be quorate.
36. The Secretary will keep minutes of the meeting and conduct the correspondence of the Club. The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and moneys due after authorisation by the committee. At the close of each year, a balance sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and presented at the Annual General Meeting.
Special General Meeting
37. A Special General Meeting must be called by the Secretary within 14 days of the receipt by him of a requisition in writing signed by not less than ten members of the Club, stating the business to be brought before the meeting, and only that business shall be discussed.
Alterations to the Constitution
38. The Constitution may be amended at any AGM or SGM, by majority vote.
The Petts Wood Runner’s Constitution was ratified by a quorum of members at the AGM held 10th May 2011.
Chair Anne Dunstan Club Secretary John Gurney 10th May 2011
Chair Anne Dunstan Club Secretary John Gurney 10th May 2011